BANANA BERRY LEMON LOAF
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- ½ cup almond milk (approx 142g)
- ⅓ cup lemon juice (approx 1 fresh lemon)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup sugar free maple syrup (approx 136g)
- 1 ½ cups buckwheat flour (approx 209g)
- ½ cup almond meal (approx 50g)
- 3 tsp baking powder (approx 24g)
- Pinch of salt
- Frozen Berries (approx 77g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (approx 5g)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, mashed bananas and maple syrup. Whisk well.
- Add in buckwheat flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt. Whisk until you have a smooth and thick batter. Gently fold through frozen berries (I coated the berries in a tablespoon of buckwheat flour first to prevent it from bleeding into the batter)
- Transfer into a loaf pan, top with more berries and bake in a preheated oven for 55 minutes
- Once it has cooked, remove from the oven and let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before removing it from the loaf pan. Cool for an additional 20-30 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Cut into 10 even pieces and enjoy.
UPGRADES AND HACKS
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Have it with yoghurt or warm protein custard
- Add banana flavoured protein powder to up the protein intake
- Add sugar free chocolate chips to the batter
(Based on 10 slices)
If you recreate this or even make your own version, please share it and tag us on instagram @totalsportsnutritionaus