Serves 5 – make this one for meal prep!
Can be easily scaled up or back to serve more or less.
- Lean beef stirfry: 500g (I use the Woolworths Heart Smart strips)
- Red onion: 150g
- Carrot: 150g
- Red capsicum: 200g
- Mushrooms: 400g
- Broccoli: 400g
- Shallots: 50g
- Black Bean sauce: 90g (I use Ayam brand)
- Soy sauce: 25mls
- Crushed ginger: 20g
- Crushed garlic: 20g
- Olive oil: 10ml
- Salt and pepper: to taste
- Dice onion, carrot, capsicum and mushrooms into bite size pieces.
- Cut broccoli into florets, chop shallots, and set aside.
- Season the beef strips with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium to high heat and stir fry beef strips with the ginger and garlic until just browned.
- Add diced vegetables (except for the broccoli and shallots). Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add black bean sauce, soy sauce and broccoli florets.
- Stir well and simmer over a low to medium heat for another 2-3 minutes until beef is fully cooked through and vegetables are just tender. The broccoli should be bright green and not mushy.
- Sprinkle shallots over the top and serve.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with your choice of base. I used basmati rice (40g dry weight per serve).
- Add some crushed chilli if you like some spice, and top with cashews for extra crunch and healthy fats!
(Without rice or toppings – adjust your macros to suit your choice for the base)
- Kcals: 244
- Carbs: 16.9g
- Fat: 6.7g
- Protein: 30.2g
- Fibre: 6g