Chicken Curry Noodles
- Olive oil: 2 teaspoons
- Keens Curry Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Chicken breast: 500g
- Garlic: 4 cloves (about 15-20g) – finely diced / crushed
- Onion: 100g – halved and thinly sliced
- Carrot: 100g – halved and thinly sliced
- Masterfoods Mild Chicken Curry Slow Cooker Recipe Base: whole packet – serves 4
- Smooth Light Ricotta: 120g
- Shallots: 40g
- Water: 50mls
- Chicken stock powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper: to taste
- Wokka Singapore Noodles: whole packet – serves 4
- Mix the ricotta with water and chicken stock powder. Set aside.
- Dice/slice the chicken and mix with the olive oil and curry powder. Set aside.
- Stir fry the garlic, onion and carrot in a wok over a medium to high heat. Add water to the pan to stop sticking. Cook until the onion is very lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Stir fry the chicken over a medium to high heat until almost all white on the outside. Don’t overcook because it will finish cooking in the sauce.
- Add the veggies back to the wok with the chicken and recipe base – stir to combine.
- Add the ricotta and mix carefully.
- Simmer over a low to medium heat until the chicken is cooked and sauce is heated through.
- Prepare the noodles as per packet instructions and fold them through the rest of the ingredients in the wok.
- Remove from heat and stir through shallots. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate up and enjoy!
(When prepared as above; no substitutes or hacks and upgrades as per below)
RECIPE HACKS AND UPGRADES
Go vegetarian – swap the chicken for chickpeas and / or tofu! Yum! You could also use Sunfed chicken – it’s amazing (you can find it at Coles, usually with the meat).
Extra veggies – red capsicum would be a delicious addition, so would zucchini.
Rice – swap the the noodles for rice.
Nuts – top with cashews or other nuts.
Cheat chicken katsu curry – add pickled ginger as a garnish and use oven baked crumbed chicken in place of chicken breast (cook veggies and sauce separately and serve with the crumbed chicken).