▫️Wokka Singapore Noodles: the whole packet – serves 4
1. Mix the ricotta with water and chicken stock powder. Set aside.
2. Dice/slice the chicken and mix with the olive oil and curry powder. Set aside.
3. Stir fry the garlic, onion and carrot in a wok over a medium to high heat. Add water to the pan to stop sticking. Cook until the onion is very lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
4. Stir fry the chicken over a medium to high heat until almost all white on the outside. Don’t overcook because it will finish cooking in the sauce.
5. Add the veggies back to the wok with the chicken and recipe base – stir to combine.
6. Add the ricotta and mix carefully.
7. Simmer over a low to medium heat until the chicken is cooked and sauce is heated through.
8. Prepare the noodles as per packet instructions and fold them through the rest of the ingredients in the wok.
9. Remove from heat and stir through shallots. Salt and pepper to taste.
10. Plate up and enjoy!
(When prepared as above; no substitutes or hacks and upgrades as per below)
RECIPE HACKS AND UPGRADES
Go vegetarian - swap the chicken for chickpeas and / or tofu! Yum! You could also use Sunfed chicken - it’s amazing (you can find it at Coles, usually with the meat).
Extra veggies - red capsicum would be a delicious addition, so would zucchini.
Rice - swap the noodles for rice.
Nuts - top with cashews or other nuts.
Cheat chicken katsu curry - add pickled ginger as a garnish and use oven baked crumbed chicken in place of chicken breast (cook veggies and sauce separately and serve with the crumbed chicken).