A tandoori chicken treat for less than 500 calories
Tandoori chicken and rice
▫️ Basmati rice: 160g
Mini garlic naans
▫️ Mountain Bread rice wrap: x4
1. Combine the tandoori paste and yoghurt, and coat the chicken breast it in. Marinate for at least 20 minutes, but you can leave it overnight for more flavour / tender chicken.
2. Use a non-stick grill pan or BBQ to cook the chicken over a medium to high heat until fully cooked through. You can use a standard non-stick fry pan too. Tandoori usually has a bit of a “char” to it, so don’t worry if the marinade starts to burn in small places – it will taste more authentic! Just reduce the heat if it gets too hot so the chicken doesn’t go tough.
3. In a separate pan, stir fry the red onion and green capsicum for 2-3 minutes over a medium to high heat. Use a splash or two of water to cook instead of oil. Add the excess marinade and heat through. Set aside while the chicken finishes cooking.
4. Cook your garlic naans. All you need to do is spread the butter and garlic on one side of each mountain bread, fold in half and lightly toast in a sandwich press. You could add some spices too!
5. Plate up on a bed of rice, baby spinach and cucumber, then top with tzatziki, coriander and a squeeze of fresh lime.
6. Serve with the hot garlic naan. Yum!