Salmon & Vegetables
LUNCH/DINNER MEAL IDEA
Salmon and veggies
Super basic, but an amazing big plate of health! This meal is a little higher in calories, but this is mostly because of the salmon (good fats) and is a worthy spend on this nutritious meal. Just use this meal on days when your other meals are a little lower in fat. The potatoes are also a decent serving size, so reduce them if you want to lower carbs a bit.
- Skinless and boneless salmon: 2 fillets (approx. 115g each)
- Lemon: x1, cut into slices
- Garlic: x3 cloves, finely diced
- Fresh dill: x1 small bunch
- Fresh thyme: x3 sprigs
- Spud Light potatoes: 450g
- Olive oil: x1 teaspoon
- Zucchini: 100g
- Carrot: 80g
- Asparagus: 50g
- Broccoli: 100g
- Ayam Light Sweet Chilli sauce: 40mls
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Check the salmon fillets for bones, remove and place on baking tray.
- Salt and pepper the salmon fillets.
- Spread garlic over each salmon fillet.
- Scatter fresh dill and thyme over salmon fillets.
- Place lemon slices on top of salmon fillets and squeeze over a teaspoon of juice.
- Cut the potatoes (peeling if you desire) into bite-sized chunks and place into a bowl. Salt the potatoes and add the one teaspoon of oil. Mix around well. Add garlic powder and any other seasonings you like. Remember to adjust macros if you do.
- Bake potatoes in the oven until browned. The best way to cook them is in an air fryer while the salmon bakes in the oven. This way the potatoes only take 22 minutes!
- Cook salmon in the oven for the recommended time / to your liking.
- While the salmon and potatoes are cooking, steam the zucchini, carrot, asparagus and broccoli for approximately 5-10 minutes or cooked to your liking.
- Plate up and serve with some Light Sweet Chilli sauce.
RECIPE HACKS AND UPGRADES
Save time – Use garlic from a jar.
Save time – Use an air fryer for the potatoes. Only 22 minutes for potatoes that are perfectly crispy on the outside, and soft and fluffy on the inside!
Potato – leave the skins on for extra fibre and vitamins. You won’t really notice them, promise!
Level-up your salmon – grill a peach to serve with it. This is amazing! Remember to adjust macros (totally worth it)!
Lunch prep/meal prep – cook an extra piece of salmon for lunch the next day – it reheats well and is great with some rice and leftover steamed veg or salad. Also great for bulk meal prep!