Serves 4 – can be easily scaled up or back to serve more or less.
- Lean beef stir fry (I used the Coles stirfry beef)
- Massaman curry paste (I used the Five Tastes Curry Paste Shots – really simple and yum and you don’t need to add much else)
- Olive oil: 1 teaspoon
- Fish sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Beef stock: 1/4 cup
- Onion: 120g (sliced/diced)
- Low fat coconut milk: 400mls (I used Pandaroo brand – very low fat and still tasty)
- Low carb potatoes: 320g – diced (I used Spud Lite)
- Coriander: to garnish
- Your choice of base (or enjoy without)
- Toss the beef strips with the oil and some salt and pepper then brown in a wok over a medium to high heat.
- Add the beef strips to the slow cooker with the stock.
- Pan fry the onion over a medium heat until just starting to brown (add some water if starting to stick), then add to the slow cooker.
- Add recipe base to the slow cooker and mix well to combine. Add extra water if required (the mixture shouldn’t be covered in liquid, but also shouldn’t be dry).
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 6-8 hours or until the steak is tender. Add more water if required.
- In the last hour, add potatoes to cook. Alternatively, you can steam/ microwave and add at the end.
- Add coconut milk and fish sauce in the last 30 minutes or so. Heat through and serve with your base choice and garnish with coriander. I also like to serve with extra veggies on the side.
(Without base or side – adjust macros to suit)