“Easy, quick and macro friendly for any goal”
TOFU BUDDAH BOWL
1. Rinse and drain quinoa to get rid of excess starch and add to boiling water
2. Mix tofu, soy sauce and oyster sauce in a bowl and mix together (you can put the sauce on top as a dressing if you prefer however I like my tofu to be marinated)
3. Stir fry capsicum over a medium heat (you can also have this raw if you like however cooking it slightly helps with digestion)
4. Once capsicum is soft set aside
5. Cook tofu over medium heat for 2 minutes and set aside
6. Once quinoa has cooked drain and add to a bowl
7. Add tofu on top of the quinoa
8. Add spinach on top of the tofu
9. Add capsicum, black beans, tomato and cashews on top
10. ENJOY YOUR BOWL OF GOODNESS
(When prepared exactly as above)
VARIATIONS TO A BUDDAH BOWL -
CARB SOURCE - Rice, Quinoa, Pasta, Potato, Sweet potato, Cauliflower rice, Zucchini Noodles (what you chose will depend on your own personal macros)
FAT SOURCE - Avocado, Cashews or other nuts of your choice.
PROTEIN SOURCE - Chicken Breast, Hard Boiled Egg, Beef, Tofu, Salmon or other fish, Beans, Chickpeas and Lentils (what you choose will also lower the fat content e.g chicken breast doesn’t contain as much fat as tofu)
VEGGIES - Whatever you like.
TOPPINGS - Cheese, Fresh herbs, Chia Seeds, Hemp Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Flax Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Sprouts.
This is a great staple if your macros are consistently changing every week, you can add things or take things up and even mix it up every week if you are getting bored not to mention it will keep you full for hours.
If you recreate this or even make your own version, please share it and tag us on instagram @totalsportsnutritionaus
*Remember to adjust macros to suit any variations.
Cheri- Total Sports Nutrition